LIEB. LIEBER. LIEBSTER AWARD.
Whoooop. What a lovely surprise! Kay from iTravelista nominated me for the Liebster Award! It’s been a little while ago, but better late than never, I want to answer the questions and nominate some other great bloggers! Thank you so much for awarding me, Kay. On her blog, Kay writes about her travel experiences, reviews about hotels and places she stayed at and posts great pictures from her vacation, so go and check her out.
So if you have been nominated for The Liebster Award and you choose to accept it, write a blog post about the Liebster award in which you:
1. thank the person who nominated you (which is me 😉 Monique from traveldancerepeat.com), and post a link to their blog on your blog.
2. display the award on your blog — by including it in your post and/or displaying it using a “widget” or a “gadget”. (Note that the best way to do this is to save the image to your own computer and then upload it to your blog post.)
3. answer 11 questions about yourself, which have been provided by me (please find them at the end of the post)
4. nominate 5 – 11 blogs that you feel deserve the award, who have a less than 1000 followers. (Note that you can always ask the blog owner this since not all blogs display a widget that lets the readers know about this information!)
5. create a new list of 11 questions for your nominees and attach them to your post
6. list these rules in your post (You can copy and paste from here.)
Once you have written and published your post, please:
7. Inform the nominated people/blogs and let them know that they have been nominated for the Liebster award and provide a link for them to your post so that they can learn about it (they might not have ever heard of it!)
And also come back to my blog and post your link to your Liebster-post so I can read your articles 🙂
I guess this is my turn now as Kay posted 11 questions for us to answer. So here we go:
- What has been your most enjoyable place you have been to?
This is a hard question to answer. I fell in love with Hong Kong after I just arrived with the taxi. And even when the weather was very cold and wet I loved every second in the city, which is why I want to move there next year 🙂
- What has been the worst situation you have been in while traveling?
Hard to tell. I had some unpleasant memories in different places, like a food poison so bad, that I lost consciousness several times over 3 days and couldn’t even get up from the bathroom floor for this time. And also I got my phone stolen out of my hand, when a motorbike driver bounced me to rip it out of my hands. But those times will always pass and better times will come so I have to say I rather call it “unpleasant” than “worst” 😀
- What camera do you use on your travels?
In 2012, when I visited Hong Kong, I bought an Canon EOS Rebel T3i and still use it. it’s a semi-professional DSLR and I love it. it still takes wonderful pictures, even after all those years and it’s small and handy to just take it everywhere.
- Most memorable moment when traveling?
Uuh, wow, there are so many. But here is on for example I have been in Vietnam in 2013 and I visited Sa Pa, one of the northern villages, just to see the rice field terraces. But in the night on the way to Sa Pa I caught the worst flu you can imagine, including fever etc. I could barely breathe, but I booked a 15km trekking through the rice fields. And i was not willing to stay in bed. It was the hardest 15km and 7,5 hours I walked so far in my life, but ever minute and every meter of the trek was worth the pain I felt. I can’t describe the feeling standing on top of the rice field terraces, even if they were not blooming, and see all those different colors and the art of there building. Just breathe taking (literally, in this case).
- Worst food experience in any country?
Wow it shoots into my mind right away – fried rice and chicken in Siem Reap, Cambodia, the night I arrived. The outcome (see question 2 for details) was a 3 day unconsciousness existing of myself on the bathroom floor and a 1 day Angkor Wat tour which I only survived with tons of Immodium and electrolytes. Not funny.
- How did you gain courage to do your first solo trip and where was it?
I never really thought about, if I have the courage to go alone, I have to say I was never afraid to go by myself. I rather found the thought very exciting so I just did it. My first ‘trip’ was with 19 to London, UK when I moved there for 4 months to fulfill my internship for my studies. Good (and hard) times!
- What do you use most to stay in airBnB, hostels, couch surfing or hotels?
Actually none of them. I try to stay in the most typical way I can, so I mostly find little guesthouse or private rooms in family houses and stay there so I can experience the culture and country a little bit more from the ‘real’ side – and also you often meet great people on the way 🙂
- What are 11 fun facts about you?
1) When I set my alarm clock it has to end on an uneven number and can not repeat any numbers (for example: 05:37 is good to wake up while 06:16 is not working)
2) I am dancing everywhere, whenever I can, even without music playing (I mostly have music in my head ‘playing’)
3) I’d rather go barefoot than wearing shoes.
4) You will sometimes hear me saying weird things, out of the sudden, stuff like “I think I feel like a unicorn today” – just because that’s what I think about in that moment.
5) I can eat a lot, like tons of food – and can surprise people with it.
6) My hair color is a mix of a hair dye experiment, my original hair color, and sun bleached highlights
7) I pronounce the German word “Salat” (means ‘salad’ in English) in a funny way, I just use a different accentuation, but it makes people laugh.
8) Before buying anything, I check all the prices on same products from other brands to make sure I get the best value for my money – as this can get annoying for others, as I also compare all groceries, better go shopping without me 😛
9) I am obsessed with Yellow. The color. And when I mean obsessed, I actually do mean a real obsession. #sigh
10) It takes me ages to look good on a picture but ask me for funny faces and I only need one try 😀
- What is your favorite apps to use while traveling?
I love Instagram. It’s so easy to upload and send out your pictures into the world. I also like to connect with other travelers.
- What have you learned about yourself?
I am stronger than I ever thought and should be more confident in myself.
- Favorite photo you have taken?
It might not be the best picture I have taken so far but I like it a lot. It shows that nature wins over everything, even if it takes 1000+ years. So does our mind. With our mind being such a powerful tool, we can create even better, bigger and stronger things than we can imagine. I do not mean that in a religious way but I strongly believe in the saying ‘mind over matter’ and the truth behind its meaning. And I think this pictures just shows one outcome of what can happen if you always stay positive and use your mind for the best.
As I want to keep up the tradition, here are my nominated blogs. Some of those great people I met on the road and we spent some good time together and I am proud to mention them here, others I would just find awesome or be in contact with them online and hopefully meet them one day. So find my list here:
Valentina with her site https://medium.com/@valentinarte
Nela and her travel page http://travel.asktherabbit.net/
Jessica writing at https://vitkinj.wordpress.com/
JJ @ http://www.urbane-nomad.com/about/
Vicky and her postcards @ http://livinginpostcards.com/
Sophie and Alex from http://saintsonaplane.com/
Britt from https://brittonthemove.wordpress.com/
Prapti and her site http://coffeebooksandwanderlust.com/
Andrea at http://www.wandrealust.com/
Anna and Jordan cycling and blogging here http://www.turningmoments.com/en/
Claire with her adventures on http://pipedreamcreations.ie/
You are all nominated and awarded with the LIEBSTER AWARD dear brave travel girls #wahoo! Now I hope you enjoy the award as much as I do and you will keep this little blog tradition alive with a post on our beautiful blogs (see rules above 🙂 ). So here are your 11 questions to answer (HA!):
1. Which place stole your heart right away and will you return?
2. What was the weirdest/funniest/craziest encounter with anyone on your travels?
3. Did you already experienced a travel-situation in which you actually rather wanted to pack up and leave instantly, and if so, what happened?
4. Show us the picture of your most memorable moment while traveling!
5. Is there any place you would not want to go and why?
6. Tell us 3 things you learned while traveling, which had the biggest impact on you.
7. Tell us 11 fun/crazy/weird facts about yourself (no worries, just tell us, we won’t tell anyone else)
8. If you could work while traveling, what would you like to do?
9. What is your favorite app/gadget/tool what you use while traveling?
10. How do you find your ‘insider’ tips where to go and what to do when traveling to new places?
11. Last but not least: What is your next destination and why?
I am so excited to read all your answers, so please don’t forget to come back to my blog post and post your link to your Liebster articles in the comments! #yeah
For all travelladies out there, stay safe and always happy travels!